Thursday, November 8, 2012

What's Left of My Wardrobe

Day 3

Ok! So I got the closet emptied and the dresser drawers too.  What I have left are items that don't ever cause stress.

One blue dress (Made of a hemp/cotton mix)
Empty(ish)!
One blue long sleeve (to be replaced with something better)
One pair of black capris
One pair of grey leggings
A black cardigan (acrylic, I'd like to replace with wool)
One Bathrobe (the house isn't always as warm as I'd like)
One nightgown (because I like it)
Many pairs of socks
Plenty of underthings
One bathing suit (one can't always skinnydip!)
Several scarfs
One grey outer coat
Green boots
Red Dansko clogs
Chacos (for warmer weather)

That's my entire wardrobe.  Though, I didn't pack away my snow clothes.  Just in case.  And I give myself permission to root through my 'Do Not Open' boxes if I need warmth layers.

And I do need to go pick up one more dress.  Because today I had to sit around in my bathrobe for over an hour while the dress was laundered.


My Former Wardrobe, Now Packed Away
I'm excited to head to the conference that I'm presenting at this weekend.  Usually when I go to these things, and I'm presenting, it takes forever to pack.  And I think about my image, how I'm being seen, how I'm representing my organization, blah blah blah.  

The extent of my thinking this time was about making sure the dress is clean.  That's it.  

WHAT A RELIEF.

My Lovey will be happy to take over those drawers and closet space.


1 comment:

  1. I've been trying to adopt a lifestyle of simple living but it's so difficult sometimes. Imagine if you took the one dress idea and applied it to your entire house. How amazing would that be? Right now I'm slowly getting rid of things I don't want or use and replacing items I'm not thrilled about with items I truly love (from the thrift store generally) so that I only keep things that have a purpose and that I love.

    ReplyDelete