Thursday, November 15, 2012

Dilemma

Day 10

So, here's the dilemma.  Sweet Skins does not have a second dress in my size in the same color.  They can throw another dress in when they do the next batch of slate blue dyeing, but that won't happen for several weeks.

And I leave on a 2 weeks international trip in 7 days. 

So, do I try and go with one dress on this trip?  And if I can make it on really just one dress for this trip, I definitely won't need to purchase a second dress at all.

Or should I just suck it up and get one in a different color?

I don't want one in a different color.  I want the same dress, same color, same size.  That was what made it easy for me.  No decision. 

But from slate blue to a dark grey isn't that big of a reach.  They're in the same color genre.  And I feel like it would be a burden to try and wash the dress frequently enough.  And a burden on the people I am staying with. 

On the other hand, I am also certain that the people I am staying with are happy to accommodate my needs and me needing to work around an occasional wash isn't the big of a deal.

One dress total, or pick up a second in a different color? 

thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. The whole purpose of this experiment is to reduce stress, yes? So I say pick up one more dress. You can always pack it away when you return and if you do have one more you won't have to stress about people working around your wash schedule and you won't have to stress about "What if?" Also, you could bring the second one along and do your best to use just the one and have the second only in case of emergencies, you don't even have to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One dress. You have tons of inspiration in the blogs you provided links for. I bet you can hand wash it and hang it to dry without being too much of a bother. If some dreadful emergency happens there are always stores. You'll pick up an unworthy but servicable dress to last until you get home. No stress. It will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two dresses. If you are washing it twice a week, you still need to have time for it to drip dry if there is not a dryer handy (though, of course, there may be). I agree that two dresses in the same color would be ideal, but it's a variation on a theme of simplicity and ease. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete