Monday, November 19, 2012

Nuts & Bolts

Day 14

I've had a few questions.

So, do you just wash it every night?
I wash the dress about twice a week, but could probably wash it less than that.  Probably once a week would be enough, but I'm washing my pants too, so it makes sense to throw the dress in at the same time.  Plus, the fibers of the dress relax after being worn for a day or so.  Washing and drying the dress tightens all the fibers up again and gives it a nice fit.

I'd spill stuff on myself!  How do you keep it clean?
Well, I learned pretty quickly not to spill stuff on myself.  With only one dress, I take the time to make sure my coffee is fully in my mouth.  It's also a great reminder to  s  l  o  w    d  o  w  n.

How's the dress holding up?
It seems to be holding up pretty well.  The spot that was on it disappeared after the second washing, with no further encouragement than laundry soap.  I was originally worried that it might get smelly, but so far odors don't seem to cling to the fabric.  I do need to 'reset' it periodically to get its cozy flattering shape back.


I think I have everything settled for the wardrobe now.  I have a pair of leggings and a pair of capris that I am comfortable in and that I think will hold up well.  I have a new black merino wool sweater that is cozy.  It says dry clean only, but I think if I hand wash and dry it will be ok. ( I'm most concerned about body odor with this, since I can't machine wash it.)  And I have the one long sleeve t-shirt.  I have my everyday dress, and then I have a back-up dress.  I'm going to try to not wear the back-up dress and see how it works to just wear the one.  But the second is there if I need it.

1 comment:

  1. Are you back from your trip yet? How'd the dress do? Can't wait to read all about it.

    ReplyDelete